Wednesday 14 January 2009

Refund please! The spirit

1st of let me start off by saying I didn't even wanna go and see this 2hour waste of vision, thinking and hearing. I wanted to watch 7 pounds and see Will Smith give another great performance (He chooses good scripts) But it was not out, I was a week early (Mental note: Next time just be patient!)





So after I have paid an extortionate price 4 food and drink (consisted of a drink and popcorn) which almost came to a tenner. I, with my other viewing guest who came to accompany me sat down and watched the trailers. Now I thought yeah cool, I can put my feet up and kick back there is space. (There is only like 20 - 30 people in this screening. Must be because its a week day. No not cause its a week day because the read the reviews and went and saw something else.)

So 4 minutes in I realise feet up in a cinema, is not as comfortable as it is @ home on the sofa. 6 minutes in my accomplice leans over and says "this is going 2 B shit!" me being the optimist I look @ this pessimist(Who hasn't seen Sin City or 300) and say "It just started, give it a chance...." ....So 15-20 minutes in I see a familiar face its Eva Mendez looking sexy as eva (get it?).
I have never seen an oxymoron look so good! She comes out the cold water looking hot! Then not soon after the action is on. Out comes Samuel L Jackson, YES! its gunna get good..
...errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Nah. Weak jokes weak script! Good design and stylised filming.

1hour in, I'm shaking my head cause it just sunk in how much the food and drink was. Plus its starting to hurt the left side of my face because of how bad the film is. Out the corner of my prorifial vision I can C lots of moving. Then my audio censors picked up moaning!!! I leaned over to my partner in pain and asked "Are they f**king!? " All I got back was Laughter.

So now I'm trying to block out the extra surround sound and make the most of this film. But its dragging. Really dragging with really bad jokes! Weak one liners coming from everyone. Even Samuel L got in on the act "I said I don't like egg on my face!" ....

Now I'm thinking have I been influenced by this pessimist next to me (who chose this as a replacement.) Or are they not a pessimist, just have good fore sight. Is it just us or are others feeling the same way?

No sooner had the thought crossed my mind, and some people got up and walked towards the exit. When they reached the exit they Told of the rest of us still in our uncomfortable seats "This film is shit!" which got the most chuckles of the night.

The rest of the film just got shittier, the noise to my right just got louder. The high light of the film was seeing Eva's bare buttocks. But I've seen them B4. (Training Day)

I don't know the name of the leading guy. I don't care he is not worth googling!

Definitely in top three selected worst films of this decade!

And the Popcorn was just dry! I asked 4 sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment